Introduction: Hi Travelers today we will go throughthe places to visit in Uttar Pradesh state of India. Uttar Pradesh is the home to one of the world’s ancient most cities and the Seven Wonders of the World. It offers most beautiful monuments-Hindu, Muslim, Buddhists, temples, the hill stations, legacy of royal rulers, temples, it boasts of the various cultural and rich in diversity with religious fests, dance, music flaunting exquisite arts like the handicrafts and jewellery, Fantastic Nawabi style food and street food, the land for the sacred rivers the Ganga and Yamuna.
A tourist guide to places to visit in Uttar Pradesh
This Northern State known as UP dominates the entire nation in terms of culture, religion, language, and politics. It marks the origin of two most prominent religions-Buddhism and Jainism as well as of one of the important classical dance-The Kathak. If you are planning to have a vacation to explore Hindu pilgrimage, wildlife tour, bird watching, cultural tour, handicraft and art, food tour, shopping, chikankari and brass work, Buddhist pilgrimage, Jain pilgrimage, Christian pilgrimage, then no doubt you are on the right way and must-visit Uttar Pradesh is the top travel destinations in India.
Best time to visit
Uttar Pradesh experiences an extreme climate with chilling winters and uncomfortably hot summers. It is always suggested that the best time to visit Uttar Pradesh is between October to March when the weather is pleasant. It is not recommended to visit in summer as you may become the victim of sunstroke.
Famous Food in Uttar Pradesh
The State is famous for delectable delicious food as the cuisine of Uttar Pradesh is diverse and includes vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies. The most popular street dishes of India are native to this state. Cooking techniques here are having impacts of the Mughals. The traditional Mughal food items, mostly non-vegetarian, are prepared through rich and strong spices, seasonings and nutritious ingredients such as leafy vegetables, grains, fruits, and legumes. Different cities have their styles of preparing. The daily food has roti, sabjis, and dal with some meat on the side, Uttar Pradesh is well known for Nawabi delights like the kebabs, biryani, and koftas. Few of the mouth-watering dishes and sweets for a foodie soul and famous foods in Uttar Pradesh are-BattiChokha, Bedhai, Pedha, Petha, Tehri, Baigan Ki Longe, Galaouti Kebabs, BhindiKaSalan, Malpua, Dum Aloo, Chaat, AlooPuri, Bedmi, Revari, Kebab Parantha, Kofta, Biryani, Gujiya, Fara, Kulfi, Bharwan Chicken Pasanda, Mutton Kofta, Arhar Ki Dal, Kakori Kebab, BhindikaSalan, AlooRasedaar, Bedmi, Allahabad kiTehri, Keema Dum, and Fara, etc.
You should not miss the Places to Visit in Tamil Nadu.
How to reach Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh, the Northern State of India is the most populated state in India witnessing unending tourists and reflects diverse cultures for years. Uttar Pradesh has developed good infrastructure that is well connected by air, road, and rail that makes it easy to reach Uttar Pradesh in various modes of transport.
Airways in Uttar Pradesh
The state has two International airports- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport in Lucknow and the other LalBahadurShastri Airport in Varanasi. The state also has domestic airports in Varanasi, Kanpur, Lucknow, and Agra that serve passengers in the region of Uttar Pradesh. After reaching the airport, travelers can book cabs or take the bus to reach their final destination.
Railways in Uttar Pradesh
All the cities and towns of the state are well-connected to different parts of the country via rail. Lucknow Charbagh Railway station is the main railhead is well connected to major places in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of India. Other important railway junctions are Agra, Kanpur, Faizabad, Allahabad, Mughal Sarai, Jhansi, Moradabad, Varanasi, Tundla, Gorakhpur, Gonda, Bareilly, and Sitapur.
Roadways in Uttar Pradesh
The most convenient way to reach Uttar Pradesh is via roads is through National Highways- NH 19, NH 34, NH 30 and NH 21 and expressways in the state like Yamuna Express Way, Agra Expressway. The state highways are well-maintained and Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates buses on all major routes in the state.
Want to know the famous places in Uttar Pradesh?
The famous places to visit in Uttar Pradesh gives you a feast to mind that love to explore nature or history. Its beauty is gifted by nature and is considered as a home to best manmade monuments. The top tourist places to visit in Uttar Pradesh include the following:
- Agra: Agra overtakes the capital city of Uttar Pradesh because of its beauty and the presence of wonderful monuments like the World famous TajMahal. You can find sheer brilliance behind the construction of these wonderful monuments. Some of the top attractions in Agra include the TajMahal, Agra Fort, FatehpurSikri, Wildlife SOS, Sikandara, Aram Bagh, KhasMahal, PanchMahal, Jama Masjid, Agra art gallery, MehtabBagh, etc.
- Lucknow: It is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh. It is also famously known as The City of Nawabs. You will find yourself in a different world when you visit Lucknow. The important attractions in Lucknow include Bara Imambara, British Residency, ChhotaImambara, Lucknow Zoo, Dr.Ambedkar Park, Hazratganj, Constantia House, Lucknow Museum, Rumi Darwaza, ChattarManzil, Begum HazratMahal Park, etc.
- Varanasi: It is the religious capital of India. Various pilgrims visit this place from various parts of the world. It is considered as the one among the holy spots ion Hinduism. The famous attractions of Varanasi include- River Ganges, KashiVishwanath Temple, Sarnath, ManikarnikaGhat, Archeological Museum, Man MandirGhat, ChaumsathiGhat, Ramnagar Fort, Chunar Fort, Banaras Ghats, etc.
- Allahabad:Itis an important pilgrim center as the Lord Brahma landed at this place on earth. The city is located at the confluence of three – the Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswathi. KumbhMela is held once in 12years which is the famous and largest gathering of religious people to offer their prayers. The top attractions in Allahabad include- TriveniSangam, KhusoBagh, Allahabad Museum, Allahabad Fort, Patalpuri Temple, and Akshaya Vat, Jawahar Planetarium, and AnandBhavan, etc.
- Kanpur: It is the biggest city of Uttar Pradesh. It is famously known as the commercial capital of Uttar Pradesh. The important tourist attractions in Kanpur include- Bithoor, Jajmau, BoodhaBargad, Kanpur Garden, Shri Radhakrishna Temple, Jain Glass Temple, Mecca Masjid, Allen Forest Zoo, and Agricultural Gardens, etc.
- Mathura: It is the birthplace of Lord Krishna and is considered as the sacred city of Hinduism. It has several temples and 20 monasteries. The tourist attractions of Mathura include-Krishna JanmaBhoomiMandir, Jama Masjid, Dwarkadhish Temple, KusumSarovar, RadhaKund, KansQila, Mathura Museum, Raja Bharatpuras Palace, and Govardhan Hill, etc.
- Ayodhya: It is the birthplace of Lord Rama, and is one among the sacred places of Hinduism. The attractions in Ayodhya are-MotiMahal, KanakBhawan, Hanuman Garhi, Ramkot, treat Ke Thakur, Mausoleum of Bahu Begum, Gulab Bari, guptarGhat, and Faizabad Museum, etc.
- Vrindavan: It consists of many temples from ancient times and is a destination for Pilgrims in Hinduism. The famous attractions include-Yamuna river, Govind Dev Temple, ISKON Temple, KesiGhat, Bankey Bihari Temple, Shshji Temple, and Rangaji Temple, etc.
- Jhansi: It is the common trait of land with historic importance situated on PahujorPushpavati River banks. The tourist attractions include-Jhansi Fort, Rani Mahal, Government Museum, Chirgaon, Maharaja Gangadhar Rao Ki Chatri, and Parichha, etc.
- Kushinagar: It is a popular Buddhist pilgrim center and has a historic significance which was found by archaeological evidence on unearthed. The top attractions of Kushinagar include-Sun Temple, MahaparinirvanaTemple, Kushinagar Museum, Ramabhar Stupa, Chinese Temple, Wat Thai Temple, and Pawanagar, etc.
- Sarnath: It is another important Buddhist pilgrim center. The main visiting places in Sarnath include- Chaukandi Stupa, Sarnath Museum, Deer Park, Thai Temple, MulagandhaKutiVihar, Dhammek Stupa, and Tibetan Temple, etc.
- Meerut: It is an ancient city with many historical buildings belonging to Indus Valley Civilisation. This place is considered to be an important historical town where it has plenty of monuments and memorials that can be visited.
- Aligarh: Aligarh is a famous historical city where it became popular after the battle of Aligarh. It is also famous for its forts, and beautiful monuments, and also has various tombs of the Muslim saints.
- FatehpurSikri: It is situated an hour to the west of Agra. It is one of India’s top historical destinations. It was built for his son Salim who was born after the blessings of Sufi mystique saint. It has several structures inside which marks its importance. It is considered as the city of victory after Akbar’s victorious Gujarat Campaign in 1573.
Where you can stay in Uttar Pradesh
The state is well developed and well-known hospitality wise. It is offering the best accommodation and restaurants as the state is being a popular tourist destination for all travelers. This mainly offers homestay experience in a few of the scenic destinations. It offers you all the types of accommodations-luxury, economical and budget-friendly. If you are a frequent traveler, why can’t you get some travel offers and rewards from the Best Travel Credit Cards.