Introduction: Hello travelers, let us try to visit Places to Visit in Tripura. Tripura is one of the top tourist destinations situated in northeast India. It is rich in landscapes, crystalline waterfalls, inspiring mountains, dense forests with interesting history and tradition. It is located at the foot of the Himalayan Mountains. Tripura is a unique blend of traditional tribal culture with a little modern Bengali culture, which you will not find anywhere else in the country.
It is famous for its natural beauty and is located in the lush green hills which give a picturesque attraction for tourists all over the world. A visit to Tripura gives you a promising holiday time where you will never forget the beauty of it. The religious festivals, colorful costumes, artistic cane and bamboo products, delicious food, memorable sightseeing, adventurous trekking, and a lovely shopping experience make it a beautiful, adventurous and thrilling travel destination. Whta are we waiting for? let us get into the details of places to visit in Tripura.
Places to visit in Tripura – the best time to visit, tourist attractions, travel, and accommodation
Best time to visit Tripura
Winter is the best season to visit Tripura as the temperature is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. During winter, Tripura witnesses the beautiful natural wonders with its snowfall. The temperature in Tripura during winter season varies from 20-28°C, which will be ideal for sightseeing and visiting all the places without humidity and rainfall.
Top tourist destinations in Tripura
Tripura is famous for its wild beauty of nature, beautiful temples, palaces, statues of the Gods and Goddesses, etc. Tripura has many attractions for the tourists which are listed below-
- Agartala: It is the capital city of Tripura and is the mix of natural beauty combined with diverse and rich culture. The other tourist attractions in Agartala include- Ujjayanta Palace, Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary, Chittangong Hills, Tripura Sundari Temple, Neermahal, Ummaneshwar Temple, Gondacherra Wildlife Sanctuary, Jagannath Temple, Jampui Hill, Buddha Temple, Kunjaban Palace, and Raima Valley.
- Kailashahar: It stands for the evidence of its royal history, where the tints can be still seen in this place. It is famous for its temples, popular trekking destinations, 16 Tea estates, Unakoti, Ranagauti, 14 Deities temples and many more. The important places to visit in Kailashaharinclude-Lakhi Narayan Bari, Chouddo Devotar Mandir, Tea Estates, and Unokotiswara Kal Bhairava.
- Unakoti: It is the prime tourist attraction spot in Tripura with an ancient pilgrimage center, attracting tourists, and devotees from far and wide places. Unakoti is famous for its heritage stores with carvings and sculptures of Gods and Goddesses. It also has lush green flora and natural beauty. Many of the rock carvings depict the life of Lord Shiva, instances from the Hindu Mythology, sculptures of Nandi Bull, Lord Ram, Lord Ganesha, Lord Hanuman are seen in Unakoti. It is also famous for hiking, trekking, and other activities. The important place to visit Unakoti is Unokotiswara Kal Bhairava.
- Bison National Park: It is also called as Rajbari National Park which is one of the well-known National Parks in India. It stands as a visual treat for the tourists visiting Tripura. One can come across various wild animals like Bison, Deer, Golden Langurs, Pheasants, many endangered species are protected in this sanctuary. It is also rich in Biodiversity. You can find f types of forests rich in flora and fauna-Tropical semi-evergreen forest, East Himalayan lower bhabar sal, Moist mixed deciduous forest, Savannah woodland. Safari is the best way to experience the beauty and wilderness of the park, which gives you an adventurous experience. Jeep Safari and wildlife trips are commonly organized regularly. The lake situated in the park is the beautiful picnic spot where you can enjoy boating facilities.
- Rudrasagar Lake: It is a picturesque lake but lately recognized as National importance for the conservation of resources and their sustainable use by the Government of India. It is also known as Rudijala with three rivers namely Noacherra, Kemrali cherra, and Durlavnaraya form this lake. Neermahal situated at the northeast bank of the lake is the most attractive palace with its charm.
- Ambassa: It is popular for several temples and pleasant surroundings. It is the youngest district in the state. It is a hilly area covered with dense, woods, forests and gives a picturesque surrounding with ample natural resources. It is not only famous as a tourist spot but also earned fame for its extremely available natural resources. The other tourist attractions include Ujjanta Temple, Siphahijla, wildlife sanctuary, Jagannath Temple, Dumboor Lake, Pilak Chabimura Rosevalley National Park, Tripurasunduri Temple, Juice plant, Longtharai Mandir, Kamaleswari Mandir, etc.
- Jagannath Temple: It is one of the tourist attractions where the exterior has Islamic architecture whereas the interior is beautifully decorated in the Hindu style. Jagannath, Balaram, and Devi Subhadra are worshipped here.
- Tripura Government Museum: It exhibits Tripura culture and heritage. It is a unique collection of stone carvings, archeological aspects of Tripura, old coins and many more. One can experience the evidence of the past and the present Tripura’s lifestyle.
- Jampui Hills: It is situated 200 Km away from Agartala. The eye-catchy vistas and invigorating climate is the main attraction here. The other attractions include- orange orchard, sunrise and sunset point, verdant foliage attractions are the ones that attract the huge number of tourists throughout the year.
- Neermahal Palace: It is situated in the center of Rudrasagar Lake. The name itself means water palace, it is one of the seven wonders of India. This palace also has Royal Antar Mahal, courtyard, guest rooms, playing rooms.
- Ujjayanta Palace: It is situated 10 Km from Agartala. Due to the massive earthquake, it was destroyed and reconstructed by Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya. It has a spectacular Mughal garden and stands as the main attraction for this palace with musical fountains, artificial lakes, grassy blanket, and royal existence of majestic ancestry.
You should not miss the Goa Travel Guide.
Here you will know how to reach Tripura
Tripura’s connectivity is possible through all the means of transport. The three means of transport in Tripura are described below
Airways in Tripura:
Tripura has a domestic airport named Agartala Airport which is well-connected to all the cities in the country such as Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Imphal, New Delhi, Silchar. Flights such as Indigo, Air India Regional, Go Air, Air India, and Spice Jet, etc. run through this airport.
Railways: Railways in Tripura are developing, at present the nearest railway stations are Kumarghat railway station, Agartala railway station which is well-connected to all the major cities of Tripura and also to the other states.
Roadways: The state is connected with NH 44, which runs through the states of Meghalaya, Assam, North Bengal to Kolkata, other states also. This is the only highway where you can reach to Tripura.
Famous Tripura food items
Tripura is famous for typical meat-eaters in a traditional way, the platter includes rice, pulses, chutney, vegetables along with fish and meat. The famous cuisine is Mui Bork, which is mild, organic, zesty with distinct aromatic herbs and spices. The food taste in Tripura derives the flavors from the sections of Muslims, Bengalis and the tribal group. The specialty of the food is they use only a minimum amount of oil. The delicious food varieties in Tripura include Berma, Chakhwi, Champrai, Gudok, Khalok, Kasoi Mwkhwi, Panch Phoron Tarkaari, Wahan Mosdeng, Fish stews, dishes of bamboo shoot, Chinese cuisine, milder and less spicy version of Bengali cuisine are the most popular food varieties in Tripura which one has to taste.
Where to stay in Tripura
There are various kinds of accommodations available to stay in Tripura. You can select the accommodation based on your budget preference. The government-run tourist lodges, guest houses, private hotels with excellent service and hospitality. You can find luxury, 4-star hotels, 3-star hotels, budget-friendly hotels where you can stay and enjoy your trip to Tripura. Well guys you have enjoyed Places to Visit in Tripura and we wish you all the best for your travel and tour to Tripura.
Why don’t you try get the Best Travel Credit Cards.