Introduction: Hello Travelers, today let us travel to the places to visit in North Goa. North Goa is one of the two districts of Goa. It is surrounded by the Arabian Sea. It is the best place to visit and spend your holiday time. It is full of beaches, fashion streets, etc. North Goa has got everything to hangout. Much of the holiday trips are arranged here to spend quality time. People of North Goa speak Konkani, where you can observe the blend of Portuguese and Indian culture. The nightlife of North Goa is tremendous. It is full of beaches, flea markets, clubs, forts and many exciting places to visit in North Goa. Have a look at the below places which you need to visit when you plan your trip to North Goa.
The best places to visit in North Goa- A complete tour guide North Goa attractions.
- Vagator Beach: It is a crescent-shaped beach and is the best among the North Goa attractions. It is the most happening place to visit in North Goa.It is a famous beach where many of the music festivals will be hosted. The beach is bifurcated into two parts and the dramatic red cliffs on the Vagator Beach make the beach worth to visit.
- Anjuna Beach: This is the world’s renowned freak capital for its full moon parties, trance parties, and is famous for spiritual traditions of the East, art, ideas, and music of the West. It has a special attraction on Wednesday around 11:00 am where the Anjuna breaks into a riot of colors where you can enjoy nature’s beauty.
- Calangute Beach: It is the queen of beeches with full of adventure, parasailing, water-skiing, dolphin trips, and windsurfing. It is the best place to visit if you plan for 2 days trip to Goa. On this beach, you can enjoy more if you go with your family, friends or with your partner. It has a special feature with mind-blowing nightlife, bursting flea markets, and you can enjoy a lot with high spirits. The best time to visit is from November to February.
- Arambol Beach: It has a Bohemian atmosphere and is the most important tourist attraction in Goafor a long time. It has a relaxed and pleasant environment with peace and tranquility at the shore of the beach. The best time to visit Arambol beach is from November to March.
- Aguada Fort: This is the most important place to visit in Goa if you do not visit this place; it becomes an incomplete trip. It is situated at the estuary of river Mandovi and on the north side a rampart of red-brown laterite into the bay forming a jetty between two sandy coves. Hence, this is called as Sinquerim beach. The visiting hours are from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm in all the days of the week.
- Sinquerim Beach: This is a sandy beach that provides you with full of adventures especially the water sports in North Goa like scuba diving, water skiing, windsurfing and much more. You can also visit the historic forts built by the Portuguese which gives you a beautiful experience.
- The Church of Mae De Deus: This will completely mesmerize you as it makes to feel you a fairy tale when you visit the church. The surroundings of the church are breathtaking and you will have a pleasant spectacular view during night times. It is the best church to visit in North Goa.
- Temple of Bogdeshwara: It is a masterpiece in North Goa with greenery in its surroundings. You can spend hours together in this temple attending rituals of the lord and finding peace and serenity.
- Chapora fort: Many of the movies were shot here but it got prominence after the Bollywood movie ‘DilChahta Hai’ and it is one of the prime tourist attractions in Goa. One can get the most prominent, sweeping views of all directions in this fort. It has a special picturesque view of the Chaporariver uniting with the waters of the Arabian sea. It was built by Adil Shah of Bijapur.
- MV Caravela: It is a floating attraction of North Goa. It gives you a spectacular view sailing along the waves with a delicious dinner and enjoying the evening on the cruise. You can have more fun over here and is the must place to visit to spend some time.
- Anjuna flea market: It is the most popular tourist places in Goa where one must visit. It is open only on Wednesdays and offers many things including fruits to clothes and accessories to electronic devices. You can find unique items and can bargain to get at the best price. October to March at the time of 8 am to 12 am and 1 pm to 1 am only on Wednesdays is the time to visit the flea market.
12. Mapusa market: It is the famous shopping destination in Goawhere you can find an array of stalls enticing you with the local goods got by farmers and small entrepreneurs across the Goa. You can find many things like artifacts, accessories, clothes, etc. and many more at the market.
- Bicholim: It is famously known as a hub of pottery where you can pick some handmade objects and interact with the potters etc. You can also find some local stuff like clothes, crockery, jewelry, fruits, and vegetables.
- Aguada Beach: Aguada beach is near to the Fort Aguada which gives you a delightful view especially for the couples. The lighthouse nearby offers you the gorgeous views of the beach from the height. You can experience the beauty of nature from here.
- Baga Beach: It is the center of the tourist attraction in Goa with majestic white waves rushing to wipe the feet imprints on the white sand and the wind continues to flirt with the palm trees. There are many activities in Baga beach which include sun-basking, banana boat rides, parasailing where you can enjoy a lot in this beech. The best time to visit Baga beach is from November to March. The side shacks and cafes with delightful music and delicacies soothe your senses.
- The Bom Jesus Basilica: It is famous throughout the Roman Catholic world as it holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier. Monday to Saturday 9:00 am to 6:30 pm and on Sunday 10:00 am to 6: 30 pm are the visiting hours.
- Charao Island: It is the largest island in Goa and is known for its stunning precious stone. It is a quaint place nurturing few churches and aged villas. It is located 3 km from Panaji.
- Grand Island: It is true by its name and has the most adventurous water sports and is the home for excellent scuba diving sites. Shelter Cove, Bounty Bay, and Suzy’s Wreck are the famous scuba diving sites around Grand Island. To get a great thrilling experience take a day trip to this Grand Island.
- Querim beach: It is one of the pristine places in North Goa and is mostly noted for tourist attraction. The beach is calm and serene but you need to carry your supplies. You can enjoy the peaceful sunset on this beach.
- Morjim Beach: It is the beautiful beach and is also known as Little Russia in Goa. It is also a quiet part of North Goa where you can relax and unwind for the amazing experience. It is also a nesting and hatching habitat for endangered species like turtles- the olive ridley sea turtle.
- Mandrem Beach: It gives a pleasing view and is the best beach in North Goa. This is not so crowded and is the best and perfect for a bonfire party with friends. It is a place where you can find the local fisherman. It nurtures its beauty during the high tides. It is the best place to visit in North Goa, especially for couples.
You should not miss the Places to Visit in Tamil Nadu.
Places to stay in North Goa
North Goa is best for everything with the best and unique places to stay in North Goa. It offers you luxurious stay in villas, hotel rooms, lavish stay in Casa Baga, Mayfair Resorts, Overnight stays, 3-day bird watching nature stay, adventure stay, Jungle camping, lotus resort, beach stay, honeymoon stay, stay at beach huts, cottages, palm grove stay, guest house stay, homestays, coconut huts, Palolem cottages, tents and cocohuts, papaya stay, etc. are the major stays available in all the types of budget.
Best time to visit North Goa
The ideal time for a trip to North Goa is from October to March as the weather isn’t too cold during winter months and traveling is much easier with the sunrays blistering your skin.
Famous food items you should not miss in North Goa
Here is the list for delicious food available in North Goa- Goan fish curry, shark Ambottik, chicken xacuti, Goan pork vindaloo, sorpotel, feijoada, chicken cafreal, sorak, samarachikodi, prawns xequexeque, patolea, cranxacuti, bebinca, fish recheado, sannas, and goankhatkhate.
How to reach Goa by airlines
Dabolim is the main International airport situated 29 km from Panaji. It supports all the Domestic and International airlines opening to Goa. So it’s very convenient to reach North Goa by flight.
How to reach North Goa by rail
You should be glad that you can reach North Goa by train as well. The most important railway stations in North Goa include Margao, Madagoan and Vasco da Gama.
How to reach North Goa by road
Visitors can come by bus where Kadamba is the major bus station where you can get buses to all other places. Car service is also a better way and one can opt Goa’s motorcycle taxi which is unique and interesting. So you can travel by car and come to Goa. That’s all folks about the places to visit in North Goa and tour guide.
You may be interested in HSBC MakeMyTrip Credit Card Benefits.