Introduction: Hello travelers, today we will know the places to visit in Karnataka, best time to visit Karnataka, tourist attractions in Karnataka and travel, accommodations in Karnatka. Karnataka is one of the most visited travel destinations in India. Karnataka is ranked as the third popular state in the country for tourism. Karnataka is a South Indian State located along the Arabian Sea in its west consists of the deccan plateau and the coastal plains beside a few islands.
A complete Karnataka Travel Guide for places to visit in Karnataka
Karnataka is famous for archeological marvels at Hampi, Halebid, Gulbarga, Badami, Bidar, Bijapur, and Bengaluru whereas the wildlife sanctuaries in Karnataka include Bandipur National Park. The famous Rivers in Karnataka are Kalinadi, Gangavathi Bedti, Tadri, Sharavati with Jog Falls. Karnataka is well-known in the production of ‘Mysore Silk’. Karnataka is one of the popular tourist places as it is adorned with vibrant colors, cultures, flavors, rivers, landscapes, and beauty where you will have the most amazing experience.
Best time to visit Karnataka
September to February is considered as the best time to visit Karnataka as the climate will be cool and rainless.
Top tourist destinations in Karnataka
Karnataka has many spell bounding tourist attractions that draw several tourists from all over the world. Following are the top tourist destinations in Karnataka–
- Mysore: It is the third largest city in Karnataka and is the major tourist destination that attracts most of the tourists. The notable attractions in Mysore are Mysore palace, Brindavan Ggardens, Mysore Zoo, Jaganmohana Palace, Sand Sculpture Museum, Lalitha Mahal, Chamundeswari temple, St. Philomena’s Church, Wesley’s Cathedral, Railway Museum Mysore, Krishna Raja Sagara, Regional Museum of Natural History, and Kukkarahalli Lake. Mysore Zoo is one of the best Zoo in India. Mysore is an excellent place for Sandalwood products.
- Hubli: It is the Commercial Hub of Karnataka and the tourist spotsinclude – Lake Unkal, Neersagar, Gayatri Tapobhoomi, Navagraha Teertha, Indira Gandhi Glass House Garden, Chandramouleshwara Temple, and Nrupatunga Betta.
- Belgaum: It has numerous tourist attractions, few of them are- Gokak Falls, Yellamma Temple, Godachinmalki Falls, Belagavi Fort, Kamala Basti, Navilutirtha, Rakaskop, and Kapileshwara Temple.
- Mangalore: The major tourist attractions include Kadri Manjunath Temple, Gokamanatheshwar Temple, Mangaladevi Temple, St. Aloysius Chapel, Tannirbhavi Beach, Sultan Battery, Milagres Church, Netravati River, and Bahubali.
- Bengaluru: It is considered as the home of India’s IT Industry. It is famous for its greenery, interesting buildings, temples especially ISKCON temple, Lalbagh, Cubbon Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Bangalore Palace, Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple, Ulsoor, Vidhana Soudha, Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple, Wonderla, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, Bugle Rock, HAL Aerospace Museum, Penninsula Gneiss, Halasuru Someshwara Temple, Bangalore fort, St. Mary’s Basilica, Bagmane Tech Park, Kanteerava Indoor Stadium, Bangalore Aquarium and Chowdiah Memorial Hall.
- Bellary: The hill station in Bellary Ramanadurga is the major attraction where you can spend quality time during the Karnataka tour visit. The other attractions in Bellary are Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary, Hospet, Tungabhadra Dam.
- Hampi: Hampi is India’s top historical destination. It comprises of 500 monuments, and the incredible energy can be felt at this ancient palace.
- Gokarna: Gokarna is the holy town in northern Karnataka with India’s best beeches, pilgrims, makes it as the holiday destinationwhich gives you enthusiasm.
- Coorg: It is situated in Southern Karnataka and is renowned for its coffee estates and stunning scenic beauty. The tourist attractions include Golden Temple which is one of the top Buddhist monasteries in Indiawhich should not be missed at all.
- Nagahole National Park: It is the top national park in India and is an excellent place for a closer view of elephants in their natural habitat. It gives you wilderness, serene forest, bubbling streams and a tranquil lake. You can enjoy a lot and explore many things by Jeep Safari which gives you a thrilling experience and a memorable one too. The area also allows trekking.
- Chikmagalur: It is a very popular tourist place where a part of the Western Ghats Mountains in the south-west can be seen. Mullayanagiri peak is the highest in the state and offers trekking. The major attractions in Chikmagalur include- waterfalls, wildlife sanctuaries, temples, and homestays.
- Shravanabelagola: Karnataka is famous for 5 towering statues of Bahubali, the son of the founder of Jainism. The tallest one is located at Shravanabelagolawhich is located in the Hassan district between Bengaluru and Mangalore. It stands 58 ft. tall and was carved out of a single block of granite rock making it the biggest monolithic stone statue in the world.
- Murudeshwar: It is located in the southern Karnataka coast of 150 Km to the north of Mangalore. It is the top tourist destination as it has the second tallest statue of Lord Shiva in the world which is breathtaking.
- Chitradurga Fort: It is the largest fort in Karnataka with notable features like Seven Circular walls, 19 gateways, 35 secret entrances, 4 invisible passages, 2,000 watch towers, 18 temples in the upper fort and a huge temple in the lower fort.
- Badami: It is the popular heritage site of Karnataka. Badami is one of the top places to visit caves in India, with 4 sets of ancient rock-cut cave temples.
- Belur: It is located 25 Km southeast of Chikmagalur on the banks of Yagachi River. It is famous for its glorious temples belonging to Hoysala Empire. The main temple took 103 years to build on the account of the victory of Hoysalas over the Cholas.
- Udipi: Udipi is the city situated in the southwest of Karnataka and is well-known for its Hindu temples especially the ancient ones, museums, etc. The top attractions in Udipi includes-Kapu Beach, Sri Krishna temple, Aneguddi Vinayaka temple, Kodi beach, Kudlu Theertha Falls, Sri Brahmi Durga Parameshwari Temple, Mattu Beach, Pajaka Kshetra, Coin Museum Corp Bank, Chandramoulishwar Temple, Ananteshwar Temple, and Padubidri Beach, etc.
You should not miss the Kerala Travel Guide.
Traveling to Karnataka
Karnataka is an advanced state and is well connected to all the major cities of the world through Airways, Railways, and Roadways.
Bangalore and Mangalore have international airports, whereas Hampi, Hubli, Belgaum, and Bijapur have domestic airports.
Trains connectivity within Karnataka is relatively poor but all the major cities are well-connected to other parts of India by train routes. Bangalore railway station is Karnataka’s most important railway terminal as it is connected to many major cities in India.
Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) connects with all the major cities and tourist destinations in Karnataka with both Intra-state and Interstate buses.
Things to do in Karnataka
Tourists must know what things to do in Karnataka to have amazing, exciting, adventurous, and memorable experiences: visiting Coorg waterfalls, Jog falls, group of monuments at Pattadakal, Bandipur and Nagahole National Parks River Rafting in Coorg, Nandi Hills paragliding, Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary, Sringeri, Karwar, Amba Vilas Palace, and Kudremukh, etc.
Delicious food varieties to eat in Karnataka
Karnataka state is one of the mildest cuisines in India. It is considered one of the oldest cuisines in the country dating back to the Iron Age. The famous food in Karnataka includes- Bise Bele Bhath, Dosas, Mysore Pak, Maddur Vada, Tatte Idli, Dharwad Peda, Jolada Rotti, Pandi Curry, Chiroti, Mangalore Bajji, Kori Gassi, Haalbai and Huggi, Saagu, Ragi Mudde, Obbattu/Holige, Uppittu and Khara Bhath, Churmuri, Puri Unde, etc.
Where to stay in Karnataka
The stay in Karnataka will be feasible for all class of people which includes 5-star hotels and also accommodations for shoestring budget travelers, you can also find resorts, budget hotels, a concept of homestay also flourished in Karnataka especially in the places like Mangalore, Coorg, Bengaluru, Chikmagalur, Kanakapura, Brahmagiri, Mysore, etc. These accommodations will offer you a pleasant staying experience in Karnataka.
That’s all folks about the best places to visit in Karnataka, hope you enjoy the travel and stay in karnataka.
You may be interested in the Best Travel Credit Cards.