Introduction: Hello Travelers today we are bringing a great information of places to visit in Haryana. Haryana has a distinct culture and heritage with prime attractions on cultural, adventure, pilgrims, golf tourism, developing crafts, etc. This makes it an attractive tourist destination. Haryana is well-known for its folk music dance, handicrafts, pottery, different kinds of embroidery and weaving. It is well-known for the best of its handloom, handicrafts, colorful culture among the Indian states.
A Tourist Guide to Haryana, best time to visit, favourite places, delicious foods, stay and reachability
Adventure tourism in Haryana is a major attraction for tourists in Haryana. Rock climbing, river rafting, canoeing, trekking, and para-sailing are the adventurous sports in Haryana. Haryana is well noted for its golf tourism. It has two big golf courses owned by Haryana State, which is spread over 45 acres of land. It has offered farm holidays to encourage Agri-tourism.
Places to visit in Haryana
Haryana is a vibrant state with art and culture, vivid landscapes and exquisite archaeology. It is renowned for being a land of imminence cultural diversity and also for its ambiance. It also has a lot of temples, lakes that hold the beauty of artistry. The following are the important places to visit in Haryana:
You should not miss Places to Visit in Tamil Nadu.
- Chandigarh: It is a unique place as it is the capital of the two states Punjab and Haryana and is the best place to visit in Haryana. It is famously known as the city beautiful. You can find the modernization in the city which has not destroyed the treasures of the land. The top destinations in Chandigarhinclude- The Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Leisure Valley, Shanti Kunj, Morni Hills, Chhatbir Zoo, Rose Garden, Le Corbusier Centre, Government Museum and Art Gallery, Sarkaria Cactus Garden, Timber Trail, Butterfly Park, Yadvinder Garden, Garden of Fragrance, Chandigarh Botanical Garden and Nature Park, Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park, Chhatbir Zoo, Terraced Garden, International Dolls Museum, etc..
- Gurgaon: It is the second-largest city in Haryana. It has spiritual importance as it finds a place in Mahabharata. Gurgaon stands in the industrial sector with its amazing infrastructure. The tourist attractions in Gurgaon include– Sultanpur National Park Bird Sanctuary, Leisure Valley Park, Damdama Lake, Badshahpur Fort, Begum Samru Palace, Farrukh Nagar Fort, Sohna, Sheesh Mahal, Tikli Bottom, Kingdom of Dreams, Wet ‘n’ Wild, Urusvati Museum of Folklore, Stellar Children’s Museum, AapnoGhar Amusement Park, Shikhar Adventure Park, Shooting Range, and Ambience Mall.
- Kurukshetra: It is a popular pilgrim destinationas the battle of the Mahabharata war took place at this place. The land is preached by Lord Krishna in Bhagavat Gita to Arjuna on the eve of an epic war. The leading tourist attractions in Kurukshetra include-Brahma Sarovar, SannihitSarovar, Sheikh Chehlli Tomb, Kurukshetra Panorama, Science Centre, Dharohar Haryana Museum, Kalpana Chawla Planetarium, Bhadrakali Temple, Birla Mandir, Sri Krishna Museum, Jyotisar Birthplace of Bhagavad Gita, O. P. Jindal Park and Musical Fountain.
- Panipat: It is situated on the river banks of Yamuna, and is famously known as one of the five cities founded by Pandava brotherswhich also mentioned in the Mahabharata. It is witnessed in the crucial battles in the history of India. The popular tourist attractions in Panipat include- Panipat Museum, Kabuli Bagh, Old Fort, SalarGunj Gate, Kabuli Shah Mosque, Devi Temple, Grave of Ibrahim Lodhi, Bu Ali Shah Kalandar, KalaAmb Tree Site.
- Ambala:It is one of the ancient cities in Haryana. Some of the tourist destinations in Ambala are Ropar, Nalagarh, Sis GanjGurudwara, Badshahi Bag Gurudwara, GurudwaraManji Sahib, Rani KaTalab, Anandpur Sahib, Planetarium, Kharga Golf Club, Holy Redeemer Church, Paget Park.
- Hisar: It boasts a rich historical association. The monuments here will make you feel that you are in the Bygone Era. The following the few historic destinations and visiting places in Hisar are Agroha, Banavali, Kunal, Gumbad, JahajKothi, Barsi Gate, Fort of Prithviraj, Feroze Shah Palace, GujriMahal, Lat Ki Masjid, Durgah Char Qutab, Town Park, Devi BhawanMandir.
- Faridabad: It is the biggest city in Haryana. It has a few spots that share its history. The following few famous tourist spots one has to visit in Faridabad are Surajkund, Badkhal Lake, Peacock Lake, Dhauj Lake, Raja Nahar Singh Palace, Camp Wild, Nepal Photography Day Tours, The Aravalli Golf Course.
- Karnal: It has a remarkable place in history especially in the Mahabharata. The city was established by Kauravas for King Karna who is famous for his generosity and the attitude to give away anything requested of him. The leading attractions of Karnal-the city of DaanvirKarna are Karnal Fort, Karnal Lake, Naraina, Miran Sahib’s Tomb, Kalander Shah’s Tomb, Cantonment Church Tower, PukkaPul.
- Pinjore: It is a town situated in Haryana and praised for its beautiful tourist attractions. It is the home of Asia’s best garden. It also has historical and architectural attractions. A few attractions to be visited in Pinjore are Pinjore Gardens, Mughal Gardens, Bhima Devi Temple.
- Panchkula: It is famously known as the satellite city. The land is the home of five irrigation canals. The most popular places to visit in Panchkula are Kalka, Pinjore, Raipur Rani, Cactus Garden, Chhatbir Zoo, Mohali Stadium, Gurudwara Nada Sahib, Mata Mansa Devi Mandir.
- Morni Hills: It is the hill station in Haryana with a scenic delight. The lush greenery and dense forests make you feel the beauty of nature. It is the right place for trekking, boating, and cycling. The interesting places to visit in Morni Hills include- TikkarTaal Lake, Gurudwara Nada Sahib, Mansa Devi Temple.
- Sonipat: Sonipat is in existence before the time of Mahabharata. It is found by Pandava brothers. This place gains importance for being demanded among the five tombs by the Pandava brothers to avoid the war. The top attractions in Sonipat include-Tomb Of KhwajaKhizr, Jurasik Park Inn, Abdullah Nasir Ud Din Mosque, Baba Dham Temple, Methodist Mission Church.
Best time to visit Haryana
October to March is the best time to visit Haryana as the weather will be cold and pleasant making it a perfect venture out for sightseeing. The weather at that time will be 15-30°C.
You may be interested in Places to Visit in Karnataka.
How to reach Haryana
Haryana has well-developed roadways, railways, and airways. It is bordered by Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to the North and Rajasthan to the West and South, and river Yamuna to the East.
Airways in Haryana: The main airport in Haryana is located in Chandigarh where the domestic and international flights are operated. Few civil aerodromes are also located at Pinjore, Kamal, Hisar, Bhiwani, and Namaul.
Roadways in Haryana: Haryana is well-connected through National Highways to major cities and towns. Haryana is well interconnected within its cities with metalled roads. Few states are at the shortest driving distance from Delhi like Gurgaon and Faridabad.
Railways in Haryana: The main railway station of Haryana is located in Chandigarh and the others in Kalka, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Rohtak, Jind, Hisar, Panipat, Jakhal, etc are the important railheads.
Famous Food in Haryana
It is famously known as Land of Rotis, where the people are incredibly fond of rotis especially wheat and Bajrarotis. The delicious dishes of Haryana include- RajmaChawal, Aloo-Tikki, SaagGosht, DahiBhalle, Kheer and are enjoyed by people all over. The other traditional preparations include Bajra Ki Khichri’ (salty, wholesome millet porridge), ‘Karhi’ (chickpea flour beaten in spiced yoghurt), Bathua-Ka-Raita (green leafy Bathua in delicately spiced yoghurt). Singrikisabzi, MethiGajar, BathuaRaita, Kadai Hara cholia, Rabri, GajarkaHalwa, Laddu are also some of the preparations that represent the richness, elaborate cooking styles and distinct flavors of Haryana that one must indulge in while in the state.
Accommodation in Haryana
Haryana is well known for the charming hospitality offered by the state. It is offering the best accommodation and restaurants as the state is being a popular tourist destination for all travelers. This mainly offers homestay experience in a few of the scenic destinations. It offers you all the types of accommodations-luxury, economical and budget-friendly.For any hotel discounts, travel rewards and offers, you can consider the Best Travel Credit Cards.