Introduction: Hello travelers today we are are here with an excellent information of places to visit in Chhattisgarh and Chhattisgarh tour and travel guide. Chhattisgarh is a treasure house of natural beauty. Dense forests, various tribes, unique customs, traditions, ancient temples, wildlife sanctuaries, museums, waterfalls make the state as one of the travel destinations in India. Chhattisgarh is such a place that you can cover all the tourist aspects under one roof. It also has the Jute mills and is famously known for its major rice-producing a state in India. The first geothermal power plant is established in Chhattisgarh. It is bordered by Odisha on the East, Madhya Pradesh on the West, Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh on the North and Andhra Pradesh in the South.
A complete tour guide tp places to visit in Chhattisgarh
The state was formed on November 1st, 2000 as the 26th state in India. It is believed that Lord Rama has spent some time during his exile. It is a tribal-dominated state with scenic beauty. You can find two mighty rivers namely Indravati and Mahanandi. Chhattisgarh with its exemplary natural beauty blended with rich cultural heritage makes it one of the most promising tourist spots where one has to visit in his lifetime.
Best time to visit Chhattisgarh
The ideal time to visit Chhattisgarh is from October to March. Apart from sightseeing in Chhattisgarh, it is the home for dense forests, cascading waterfalls, splendid caves, rich temples, exquisite Buddhist sites, and impressive palaces as a result tourists tend to visit the place regularly but the peak time that is during winter, where the temperature dips to 10°C, in order to avoid excessive heat in summer up to 45°C and rainy season from mid-June till October. So this time is very busy with tourists in Chhattisgarh and one must plan accordingly to make the booking well on before to have a hassle-free trip. What are we waiitng for let us jump in to the places to visit in Chhattisgarh of India.
You should not miss the Places to Visit in Assam.
How to reach Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh is well connected to the other states in India and the world by the extensive air, rail, and road network. It is connected to all parts of Madhya Pradesh and major cities in India.
Airways in Chhattisgarh:
Chhattisgarh receives flights through its four majors airports. Swami Vivekananda International Airport is the primary airport serving the state. Air India, Jet Airways and IndiGo are the top airlines that operate here. Bilaspur Airport is being used for general aviation and pilot training. Raigarh Airport that is located near Kondatarai in Chhattisgarh, India is used mainly for small aircraft and choppers. The last one is Jagdalpur Airport (IATA: JGB) is located near Jagdalpur is managed and control by AAI. There is no scheduled commercial air service at this Airport at this time.
Railways in Chhattisgarh:
The enormous network of Indian Railways well connects the entire state from the rest of India. Raipur and Bilaspur are the two main railway junctions that directly or indirectly connect Chhattisgarh to other parts of India.
Roadways in Chhattisgarh:
Being in a prime region of the Indian subcontinent, Chhattisgarh is well connected to neighboring states as well as other cities by roadways. Inter-state and national highways connect Raipur to Bhopal, Nagpur, Jhansi, Jabalpur, and cities further afield like Kolkata and Bhubhaneshwar. The state also has Interstate State Roadways buses that run between different cities. Cab facilities are also available in this state readily.
Famous Food in Chhattisgarh
Popular as the rice bowl of India, the people in Chhattisgarh have a staple diet that contains primarily rice, maize, and jowar. The people here are fond of protein-rich diet and are highly inspired by the neighboring states. They love eating snacks every evening and do prepare a variety of snack items from time to time. The famous food and delicious dishes in Chhattisgarh that are widely eaten and relished here include- Aamat,Bafauri, Bhajia, Dubkikadhi, Farra, Khurmi, Laddu, Moong Bara, Muthia, Suran, Thethari, Chila, SabudanakiKichdi, Bara, Khurma, Dal KaDulha, Moong Dal Halwa, Chhattisgarhi KadhiPakoda, Mahuwa Chutney, Mahuwa Juice, Kusli, LavangLata, Shikanji, Dal MakhaniBukhar, and many more.
You may also like the Places to Visit in Karnataka.
A famous place to visit in Chhattisgarh
- Raipur City: Raipur is the capital city of Chhattisgarh. It is famously known as the Rice Bowl of India as a wide variety of Rice is grown here. It has popular tourist attractions to visit which include-MahantGhasidas Museum, Shabari Handicrafts Emporium and Chhattisgarh Haat, PurkhautiMuktangan Museum, Vivekananda Sarovar, Rajiv Smriti Van and Urja Park.
- Bhoramdeo Temple: It is located 18 Km North-west to Kabirdham district. The temple is a combination of complex of temples in the interior of the mountain range. It consists of four temples Bhoramdeo temple, MadwaMahal, CherkiMahal, Istaliq temple and some other famous places that are worth watching are- Kawardha, Open Air Museum, Bhoramdeo Sanctuary.
- Sirpur: It is a place rich in traditional cultural heritage and architecture. It is a small town located 84 Km away from the capital, Raipur. The other important places to visit in Sirpur include-The Buddha Vihar, SurangTila, Laxman Temple, and Museum.
- Rajim: Rajim is famous for his cultural heritage and ancient temples. You can find the holy union of the three rivers the Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondur. KumbhMela is the famous festival held during Mahashivratri where many visitors come across the world every year. The famous temples here are Rajiv-Lochan Temple and Rajeshvar Temple.
- Champaranya: It is located 60 Km from the city Raipur. It is a small village and is founded by Vallabhacharya. This is a beautiful village and has important temples to visit like Champaranya Temple and ChamparanyaMela.
- Magnetic Waterfalls: This is one my favorite places to visit in Chhattisgarh. It is also called as Chitrakote Falls. It is known as Niagara Falls in India as they appear as magnificent as Niagara. The best feature is the flat flow that allows the free fall of the mighty river Indravati. This the best place to visit in Chhattisgarh where you should not miss the paddle around the river. It is India’s largest waterfall. The other places to visit here include- Teerathgarh Falls, TamraGhoomar Waterfalls, etc.
- The MaitriBagh: It is a funfair destination for the family. It is well known as the garden of friendship. It is built to monumentalize the friendship between the Indian and Russian Governments. It is the best hangout spots in the state of Chhattisgarh. The Garden is open from 10 am to 5 pm and is closed on Mondays.
- Wildlife in Chhattisgarh: It is located in the northeastern corner of Raipur. It is rich in lush green vegetation, flora, and fauna and supports a wide section of wildlife. The other places to visit include-Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary, Achanakmar Tiger Reserve, Kanger Valley National Park, Kutumsar cave, KailashGufa.
- Dongargarh: It is a city in Rajnandgoan district and is famous for the MaaBamleshwari Devi temple which has great spiritual importance. This is the main tourist pilgrimage destination in Chhattisgarh. The other famous places include- Pragyagiri, BadiBambleshwari, ChottiBambleshwari.
- Mainpat: It is the favourite tourist destination for nature lovers. The lush green fields and its shrines draw the attraction of many tourists. It has beautiful hill slopes, waterfalls and provides an opportunity to delve into the beauty. Dhakpo Monastery, Jaljali, Tiger Point are some of the interesting places to visit in Manipat.
- GirodhpuriDham: It is popular for having the tallest Jaitkhamb in the world. It holds a symbol of Satnami, Satnam Religion and truth. It is 77m in height and is the most famous tourist attractions in Chhattisgarh. The other famous places of attraction include-Jaitkhamb, Amrutkund, Baba Ghasi Das Seating area.
- Bastar: It is a tribal region and is the significant eco-friendly destination of India. Bastar is blessed with scenic beauty with Nature, wildlife, tribal dances, and ancient ruins. It also has National Parks, Natural caves, waterfalls, and museums. One should not miss the Bastar rich tribal culture and BastarDussehra Festival while visiting Chhattisgarh.
- Malhar: It is a mesmerizing ancient town and is noted in the list of “Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains of National Importance” which is taken care of by the Archeological Survey of India. These are found from the period 100 BC approximately. Many ancient temples have been found, such as Pataleshwar temple, Devri temple &Dindeshwari temple.
- Tala: It is an important place and is the landmark for beauty and attracts many visitors traveling to Chhattisgarh. The important places to visit here include-The ‘Rudra’ Sculpture and Devrani – Jethani Temple
- MadkuDweep: It is an island in Chhattisgarh surrounded by Shivnath River. The land is filled with skilled work and ruins of temples, epigraphs, coins, and pottery. It is praised for its natural beauty for the presence of lush green ambiance. It is famous for its antique findings that include Shivalingas, Nandi, Ganesha, Amalak and many more Gods.
Where to stay in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh is also a well-developed state where you can find several places and hotels to stay based on your budget which you planned. There are many hotels near to the airport which is a bit costly. The rate of hotel fees and taxes are not fixed because it depends upon the number of visitors. There are 3-star hotels, 4 star and 5-star hotels which charge based on the demand and season. The best cities to stay in Chhattisgarh are Raipur, Bilaspur, and Durg. That’s all folks about places to visit in Chhattisgarh state of India. If you are looking for good travel rewards, offers and deals, consdier the Best Travel Credit Cards.