Introduction: Hello Travelers today we explore the places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh state of India. Arunachal Pradesh is situated in the northeastern corner of India and is bordered on the south by Assam, on the west by Bhutan, on the north and northeast by China, and on the east by Myanmar. It is also popularly known as the “Orchid State of India” or the “Paradise of the Botanists”. It is one of the best places in India that every nature lover and explorer should visit. The warmth in people, rich culture and history, nature’s beauty, picturesque mountains, unexplored passes, tranquil lakes, and famous monasteries, and wildlife sanctuaries are the treasure for this state. The exquisite beauty of flora and fauna, within a unique habitat with glaciers, tropical forests and meadows adds charm to this region. Approximately 500 species of highly endangered birds have been recorded here.
A step by step guide to visit places in Arunachal Pradesh
The state is also home for its various sacred places such a Malinithan in Lekhabali, Rukhmininagar near Roing (the place is associated with Lord Krishna’s wife Rukmini) and ParshuramKund in Lohit district. Apart from the breath-taking views of serene mountains covered by the snow in winters and calmness and freshness of flora and fauna, exciting adventures like angling, boating, rafting, and hiking are not avoidable here for sport seekers. The trekking route Tezpur- Tipi- Bomdila-Tawang-se la pass, Tinsukia- Tezu- Parasuramkund and Itanagar- Ziro- Daporijo- Along- Pasighat is very much appreciated and amazing for the adventure enthusiasts here. The most popular tourist attractions in specific in Arunachal Pradesh that must be seen here will be covered later in this blog.What are we waiting for? let us talk about places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh of India.
You should not miss the Places to Visit in North Goa.
Famous places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is the ‘land of dawn-lit mountains’. It is a wonderful holiday destination and is the gateway to many scenic beauties, treasure troves, picturesque mountains, clear lakes, gushing waterfalls, wonderful valleys, etc. You can enjoy the place because of its beauty and serenity hidden in Mother Nature which will refresh your maddening chaos of the mundane city life. Many travelers all over the world visit Arunachal Pradesh to enjoy the breath-taking beauty in it. The important tourist attractions in Arunachal Pradesh includes-
- Tawang: It is one of the ideal places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. It is famous for its emerald green meadow and historical sites. The region is present in the Gudpi and Chong Chugmi ranges and bathed by the water of the Tawang Chu River. Tawang monastery is a famous Buddhist temple in Arunachal Pradesh. The other famous places to visit in Tawang are Indo-China border, JaswantGarh, Tawang War Memorial, Tawang craft center, Brahma-dung-chungAniGompa, UrgellingGompa, Madhuri Lake, and Pangateng Tso Lake, Bap Teng Kang Waterfalls and Nuranang Falls exude enchanting view.
- Bomdila: It is an attractive place especially during the summer season. It is an adventurous place where you can trek through hills of different levels. The important sightseeing places in Bomdila include- Bomdila Monastery and Sessa Orchid Sanctuary.
- Ziro: It is an ideal place for trekking in Arunachal Pradesh. It is a well-known hill station in Arunachal Pradesh. You can relax by walking through pine forests edging the paddy fields which soothes your mind. It has several tourist places to visit– Kardo Hills, Talley Valley, Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary are the best of them. ZiroPutu, Shiva Lingam at Kardo Hills.
- Itanagar: It is the most popular tourist destination in Arunachal Pradesh. Itanagar presents many rich architectural wonders. The important places to visit Itanagar include- legendary Ganga Lake, Jawaharlal Nehru Museum, Craft Centre and Emporium. Polo Park, Indira Gandhi Park, and Zoological Park.
- Pasighat: Siang River is the prime destination to enjoy in Pasighat. It is an adventurous place to visit where you can enjoy water sports, river rafting, and other thrilling activities. The other important places to visit in Pasighat include DayingEring Wildlife Sanctuary, Dihang and Lohit rivers, Mouling National Park.
- Roing: Roing gives you ultimate satisfaction when you visit Arunachal Pradesh. Picturesque valley situated on the banks of the DibangRiver gives you a breath-taking view. The important places to visit in Roing are- Dibang valley, Nehru Van Udyan, Bhismaknagar, etc.
- Bhalukpong: It is the gateway to Arunachal Pradesh with historical importance during the days of Mahabharata. The region is popularly known as the picnic spot as there are many places to explore to the fullest. Different levels of trekking can be enjoyed over here. The important places to visit in Bhalukpong is Kameng River, Pakhui wildlife sanctuary, and local Nyethidow festival.
- Namdapha National Park: It is the largest National Park in India in terms of area. The wildlife is rich in rare species of animals like Asiatic Small Bears, Eurasian Otters, Wolves, Clouded Leopards, Dholes, Red Foxes, Tigers, Red Pandas, Musk Deer, and Fishing Cats. You can find more than 500 species of birds here.
- Sela Pass: It is a land of wonders and is the connecting point of Arunachal Pradesh to the rest of India. It is a wonderful trekking place for bike riders and other trek lovers. The blue water natural lake and snow-capped mountain peaks, and scarce grass coating are very popular. Strolling on the pass turns pleasing when moving clouds touch you with its freezing feel are the important places to visit in Sela Pass. Dirang: It is an ideal place to spend quality time as it is filled with spell-bound views of Mother Nature. The major attractions in Dirang are-Kiwi and Apple Orchards, trekking and bird watching at Mandla, a historical fort on the top of the hill, Sangti Valley, Apple nursery and Kiwi firm, black-necked crane from Siberia comes here to breed.
- ParasuramKund: It is a famous Hindu pilgrimage in Arunachal Pradesh situated in the northeast of Tezu. You can witness the amazing views of this holy place when you visit during the time of November to February. Many devotees come here to participate in the MakarSankranthiMela and will take a dip in the holy water of Brahma Kund to attain penance.
- Tezu: Tezu is a must-visit tourist spot in Arunachal Pradesh. This is the land of picturesque landscape. You can observe the complexities of city life when you visit the tribal area. During festive season their traditional games, dances, and sports are the ideal option for merrymaking. Riding (elephants), rafting, angling, mountaineering, hitchhiking, etc. are the entertainment options in Tezu.
- Hayuliang: It is one of the holiday options in Arunachal Pradesh. It is a small but amazing destination to explore and relax. The important places to visit on Hauuliang are – Lohit and Delai Rivers Lofty hills, bridges, enjoying the cool environment by a walk and few comfortable stays are also available.
- Daporijo: It is one of the main attractions in Arunachal Pradesh. It is rich in flora and fauna with a pleasant environment. It has a huge number of trekking places and nature walks. The major attractions in Daporijo are- Subansiri River- which allows rafting and angling, Meghna Cave temple of Lord Siva, Hill caves, attractive hamlets make the city more beautiful for the tourists who visit Arunachal Pradesh.
- Aalo: This is one of favorite places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. It is the famous picturesque valley because of the confluence of Sipu and Siyom River. The important and beautiful places to visit in Aalo include Ramakrishna Mission Campus, Patum Bridge, Bagra Village, Donyi Polo Temple, etc. The disatance of KamkiHydropower Dam is 25 km from Aalo. You can also visit siyom hanging bridge which is of a 70 meter long bamboo and cane bridge and you can also try rafting under this bridge.
- Mechuka: It is an administrative township situated near Indo-China Border. It is a perfect gateway for unlimited enjoyment because of its scenic beauty and few important places along with few festivals like Losar Festival, MopinFestival .Siyom River running through the valley adds serenity to the scenic view. You can enjoy water sports like rafting and angling if you are a sports lover. Trekking and hiking are also allowed for the adventure enthusiasts who will camp in the forests of Mechuka.
- Changlang: It is famously known as the land of Biodiversity as it has gorgeous hill towns with varying altitude ranges. There are many rivers in this region like Noa-Dihing, Namchik, Tirap, Namphuk, Dapha, etc which serve as the water resources of the region. The other important tourist attractive spot include-Tibetan Refugee Settlement Camp, Namdapha National Park, MotiJheel, and Miao Reserve Forest, etc.
- Tuting: It is a lovely place to explore as it will be a quiet and untamed land of nature god. It is an ideal destination to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. The important and adventurous places to visit in Tuting are- Yingkiong-Tuting-Tsitapuri trail or the Yingkiong-Tuting-Devakota trail, water rafting, Siang River, Tuting and runs through the gorges of Nigguing and Marmon where thick and tall forest covers the riverbank, Tuting-Pasighat, Moing Madness, Zebra Rock, and Pulsating Palisi.
You may also consider Places to Visit in Assam.
Best time to visit Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is located on a high altitude, tourists can visit this region throughout the year. In summer, the daytime visits could be difficult due to the high temperature. The heavy rainfall is very unpleasant for visitors and most of the attractions are closed also. Thus it is the wintertime; from October to April is the ideal period to visit Arunachal Pradesh.
Famous Food in Arunachal Pradesh
Being a North-Eastern state, the tradition and culture in Arunachal Pradesh are perfectly seen in the cuisine. The delicacies of Arunachal Pradesh differ from tribe to tribe. Fried food is not very popular here as people like to eat either boiled or smoked food. The staple food in Arunachal Pradesh consists of rice, fish, bamboo shoots, meat, and green vegetables. The delicacies of Arunachal Pradesh are a rich lot of herbs, shrubs and of course the dried bamboo shoots and is the part of the cuisine here. Before Independence, wild birds and animals were also a big part of their diet but modern restrictions laid by the government on hunting have improved their diet and eating fashion. Few of the famous food in Arunachal Pradesh are-Thupka, Momos, WungwutNgam, Pehak, Pasa, Ngatok, Lukter, ChuraSabzi, Apong, PikaPila, Marua, Meat, and many more.
How to reach Arunachal Pradesh
If you are planning for a vacation to Arunachal Pradesh and wondering the possibilities to reach Arunachal Pradesh then you should be happy that now state is well-connected to all major cities including Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata through the nearby airports, its railway station, and excellent roadways and its network for traveling via busses and own vehicles.
Airways: Though the state does not have an airport. Lilabari (North Lakhimpur) Tezpur airport in Assam is the nearest one to Itanagar, which is reachable in two hours by bus or a taxi. Guwahati has an International airport from flights from different places to Assam operate. If you are looking to reach by Helicopter, Many Pawan Hans Helicopter operates from Guwahati, and run within Arunachal Pradesh. Travelers can also use Nahariagun airport which is at a distance of 67 Km from the city.
Railways: Harmuti train station (Assam) is the nearest train station that is 43 km away (just an hour drive) from Itanagar connects the state to other prime states of India. People can also make use of the There are only two trains Naharlagun -Guwahati Intercity Express on a daily basis and other is 22411/Naharlagun – New Delhi AC SF Express.
Roadways: Arunachal Pradesh is easily accessible by roadways. From the various neighboring states and prime cities like Guwahati, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tinsukhia, and Nagaon, one can easily get direct buses to reach Arunachal Pradesh. Several inter bus services available from all major towns of Arunachal Pradesh that go to other states regularly.
Places to stay in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh has plenty of budget-friendly hotels and homestays with charming hospitality. Budget hotels can be seen in most of the cities and towns like Bhalukpong, Bombdila, Tawang, Itanagar, Ziro, and Aalo. Forest lodges are also available of you are planning to stay near them. These accommodations are well equipped withal the options that are comfortable and cozy for the travelers to stay in Arunachal Pradesh. These are also available online, where you can book them ahead of your arrival to Arunachal Pradesh. That’s all folks about places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. If want flight ticket offers and hotel discounts, you can try the Best Travel Credit Cards.