Introduction: Hello travelers, we are here with a complete information Kerala tour and Keral travel guide. Kerala is the most frequently visited tourist destinations in India as it is famous for its pleasant climate, clean beaches, hill stations, exotic backwaters, waterfalls, network of Rivers, Wildlife sanctuaries, Spice plantations, paddy fields, art, culture, music, dance, festivals, and historical monuments, cuisine, and houseboat cruise. Boat races are popular here and they put effort to keep their cultural practices alive, classical dance and music forms, and traditional life style will attract you the most when you visit Kerala. What are we waiting for” let’s get into Kerala Travel Guide and Tour.
Kerala travel guide with tourist attractions, accommodation
Kerala stands as an example for the people who live in perfect harmony. It is well-developed and well-connected with airways, railways, roadways and thus attracts tourists in large numbers throughout the year. It also has all types of stays for its visitors. Kerala has become a perfect spot for nature lovers, adventure seekers, honeymooners, families, etc. Kerala is one of the most famous tourist places because of its spectacular features like its ecological wonders, classical art forms, colorful festivals, delectable fresh local cuisine, temples, and archaeological sites are few of them makes it unique from the other travel destinations of India.
Best time to visit Kerala
Kerala is known as God’s own country because it is color and nature views. The best time to visit Kerala cannot be defined as it depends upon your preferences which are described below-
- Monsoon time- May to November: This time will be the most enthusiastic for nature lovers as Periyar National Park is open for Safari’s during monsoons and also Kerala becomes more beautiful during the rainy season. The weather is cool and dust-free during this season and it helps to amplify the positive effects of Ayurveda treatment. Since it is an off-season the homestays, hotels and travel planners will offer you attractive discounts. Not only these, but the most important event of boat racing is also held during this season. Onam is celebrated either in August or September for which all the Keralites await eagerly.
- Winter vacation- December to February: This time is the peak for tourist traffic in Kerala as the weather will be cool and dry experiencing the pleasant ambiance. Sightseeing will be hassle-free and there will be no sweating or tanning and inconvenience of rains. Hence, many of the people choose December to February as the best time to visit Kerala. Many temple festivals, elephant pageants, and Theyyam are the major festivals during the winter season. It is the perfect time where you can see the culture of Kerala.
- Summer vacation- March to May: Summer season marks the state with a hot and humid climate and drenches you with a lot of sweat. But there are many festivals and important pointers during this time. Summer is the best time to spot wildlife in Periyar National Park where the animals come out in the search of water. But you will not be able to find the flora and fauna species in that region during this time. Elephants are the part of popular culture in Kerala and you will be delighted to know that most pageants take place during March and April which will witness the grand experience. The other festivals like Easter and various temple festivals can be enjoyed during this season.
You should not miss the Goa Travel Guide.
Top places to visit in Kerala
This travel guide of Kerala will guide through the best places to be visited in Kerala state of South India. Kerala is the best place to plan a holiday trip with friends or family. The top tourist attractions and places to explore in Kerala includes the following.
- Hill stations in Kerala: The popular hill stations of Keralaare well noted for rotating hills of the Western Ghats with attractive species of birds, flora and fauna, rivers, waterfalls, spice plantations, tea plantations will give you a spell bounding experience of nature which will be the most memorable. The famous hill stations in Keralainclude- Munnar, Waynand, Idukki, Ponmudi, Wagamon. You can also perform wildlife treks, nature walks, mountaineering, rock climbing, and much more thrilling activities.
- Kerala backwaters: It is one of the most attractive points of Keralawhere a huge number of tourists experience the enthralling feeling of houseboats on these backwaters. The two popular backwater destinationsinclude Alleppey and Kumarakom. These backwaters will give you a pleasant feeling of riding or floating together with the waters of Kerala. If you hire a houseboat it will give you the most amazing experience with the view of green scenery, swinging palm trees, rich green fields and much more to enjoy the views. You can ensure the spell-bounding, relaxing, romantic, thrilling, pleasant experiences in the Kerala backwater tourist spot.
- Kerala ayurveda: Kerala is considered as the ‘Home of Ayurveda’. It is famous for rejuvenation or relaxation therapies for the tourists visiting Kerala. The traditional Ayurveda methods include yoga, meditation, diet, massage, and the use of oils for good health and living. Many people also visit Kerala for particular treatment needs. The famous Ayurveda Hospitals in Keralaare Kalari Kovilakam, Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Shala and Nagarjuna Ayurveda. The Ayurveda Rejuvenation Resorts in Keralaare located at beach destinations. You should explore these places for relaxation therapies in Kerala.
- Kerala beaches: These are noted as the highest fascinating beaches in the world as they are encircled with white and golden sands, palm trees, natural harbors, lagoons, sheltered bays with sky blue sea on the background, refreshing coconut juice, seafood, Ayurveda massage. You can also have a thrilling experience with water sports like Parasailing, Diving, Swimming, Boating, Relaxations under the sun on the beaches, walking on the beaches, etc. The top beaches of Keralainclude Alappuzha, Varkala, Marari, Kannur, Bekal, Kovalam, and Fort Kochi.
- Kerala houseboats: This is the main feature that attracts tourists to visit Kerala. These are generally called moving hotels and gives you an enthusiastic and romantic experience for tourists, especially for honeymoon couples.
- Kerala art and culture: It is famous for dance, drama, and gives unique music for the tourists. Various dance forms, martial arts which present the original picture of Kerala that will surely mesmerize you. The various dance forms include- Mohinattam, Koodiyattam, Pathakam, Chkyarkooth are mostly famous in Kerala.
- Kerala wild life sanctuaries: It gives a thrilling and enticing experience for the tourists to watch the rare species like the Bengal tiger, Asian elephant, leopard, Nilgiri tahr, grizzled giant squirrel, Lion-tailed macaque, Indian grey hornbill, great King cobra and many more in their natural habitats. The most famousNatural Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in Keralainclude- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Eravikulam National Park, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Periyar National Park and Silent Valley. These will give you an added peace of excitement, incitement when you visit Kerela. These are considered as more adventurous and top wildlife destinations of Kerala.
- A visit to spice plantation: The places like Wayand, Siruvani, Attappadi, Vandiperiyar, Vagamon, and Erumeli provide you a delightful experience when you visit these spice plantations.
Temples in Kerala
Kerala is considered as the ‘Land of Gods’ as it has ancient and magnificent temples in which most of them are dedicated to Lord Shiva and Vishnu. Kerala is marked as the Spiritual Tourist Destination in India. You can plan a spiritual tour when you visit Kerala. Some of the famous temples in Kerala are listed here- Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram, Ambalapuzha Sri Krishna Temple, Ambalapuzha, Sabarimala Sree Ayyappa Temple, Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple, Guruvayoor, Chottanikara Devi Temple, Ernakulum, Ettumanoor-Vaikom-Kaduthuruthy Temple, Ettumanoor-Vaikom-Kaduthuruthy Temple, Thiruvanchikulam Shiva Temple, Thrissur, Lokanarkavu Temple, Kozhikode, Sree Parassinikadavu Muthappan Temple, Attukal Bhagavathy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram, Tali Temple, Kozhikode, Thirunelli Temple, Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple, Mallapuzhassery, Sivagiri Temple, and Varkala.
You may also like the Rajasthan Travel Guide.
Famous monuments of Kerala
Kerala is a site for a glimpse of historical and cultural wealth, the monuments of Keralagives you wonderful and admirable experience. The top historical monuments in Keralainclude the following- Mattancherry Palace, Bekal Fort, Krishnapuram Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Bolghatty Palace, Hill Palace Museum, Koyikkal Palace, etc.
How to travel to Kerala
You can travel to Kerala by all modes of transportation- Road, Rail, Air, and Water.
Airports in Kerala
Kerala has three main airports located at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, and Kozhikode, in which Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi are International Airports received flights all over the world around the year, whereas the other is for domestic purpose.
Railway stations in Kerala
There are around 200 Railways stations in Kerala which connect within and outside Kerala. Kerala is well connected with all the metropolitan cities of India.
Roads are in the much-improved condition when compared to other states in India. By roadways, it is connected to the neighboring states like Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh. National Highways NH47, NH17, and NH49 are connected to Kerala.
From Kochi, ships are attempting towards the Lakshadweep Islands which also connect the beaches in Kerala.
Delicious food to taste in Kerala
The cuisines of Kerala are usually hot and spicy with fresh vegetables and fruits. The mind-blowing food items which one should never miss tasting these greatest Kerala food dishes includes- Puttu and Kadala curry, Appam with Stew, Idiyappam, Nadam Kozhi Varuthathu, Kerala Prawn Curry, Naadan Beef fry, Malabar Parota, Kerala Style Fish Molee, Banana Fritters, Palada Payasam, Sadhya, Erissery, Thalassery Biryani, Naadan Kozhi Curry, Erachi Varutharacha curry, Ada Pradhaman, Chatti Pathiri, Coconut Toddy.
Types of accommodation is available in Kerala
Kerala gives you comfortable hassle-free accommodation like luxurious hotels, budget-friendly hotels, homestay, and resorts which amidst the exotic beauty. Different places in Kerala have hotels by destinations that could be availed as per your budget constraints. That’s all folks about Kerala travel guide and tour, wish you a happy travel to Kerala!.
You may be interested in SBI Yatra Credit Card Benefits, Features.